top of page

Social Support Services

Everyone needs safe, decent, stable housing.  For some of the most vulnerable people in America — people with mental illness, chronic health conditions, histories of trauma, and other struggles — a home helps them to get adequate treatment and start on the path toward recovery. A person is supported in the process of securing community-based, affordable housing of their choice along with individualized support to assist the person with stabilization and self-identified goals. 

People with these and other health issues often end up in crisis situations while living on the streets, and emergency rooms may be the only health care they are able to access.

Housing and Employment Assistance Services
Foundational Community Supports (FCS) is also referred to as Initiative 3 of the Healthier Washington Medicaid Transformation. FCS helps our most vulnerable beneficiaries get and keep stable housing and employment, in support of their broader health needs.  This program provides housing and employment case management to Medicaid patients with a history of mental illness or substance use disorder.  See this video which shows how the program helps homeless people.

The State Hospital Discharge and Diversion (SHDD) Program is a collaboration between the Aging and Long-term Support Administration (ALTSA) and Eastern and Western State Hospitals to provide increased discharge and diversion options for clients residing at those institutions. As part of that effort, the Governor’s Opportunity for Supportive Housing (GOSH) has contracted directly with Consistent Care Support Services to provide housing search and tenancy support services for individuals wishing to live independently. These are intensive services that pull together various community supports and resources to help support the transition for people choosing independent housing.

Clients are referred to Consistent Care by the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) case manager.  Focused case management tasks are performed to achieve stability for the individual and are usually centered on housing needs.

Supported Employment

bottom of page